How to solve the issue of add-ons being disabled after updating Core plugins or RB plugins
This page concerns an issue where the RB plugins are updated prematurely, which causes certain add-ons that are dependent on these RB plugins (e.g., Composition Tabs for Confluence Server & Data Center, Scaffolding Forms & Templates for Confluence Server and Data Center and Scaffolding Forms & Templates for Confluence Server and Data Center) to be disabled.
Our developers are taking steps to solve this issue and hope to have a permanent solution soon.
Meanwhile, steps solving this issue will be outlined below.
Solving the Issue
- Start by clearing Confluence's plugin cache.
- Then, try enabling the affected add-ons again.
- Install the newest version of all affected add-ons.
- If the updated add-ons are still disabled, clear Confluence's plugin cache and then try to enable the add-ons.
- If the above methods fail, you may try uninstalling all affected add-ons, including their related RB plugins.
- Then, reinstall the latest versions of those add-ons, one by one.
- If the add-ons are still disabled after reinstallation, clear the plugin cache and try to reenable the add-ons.
If you have already tried the above suggestions, then try the following:
- Try restarting the server.
- Look inside the logs for any installation errors.
Do Not Downgrade RB Plugins!
Here are some additional reminders regarding RB plugins:
- Ensure you do not downgrade any RB plugins to a lower version than what is installed by a Confluence add-on.
- Doing so may affect other add-ons and may even disable them.