When a secret is deleted, it is removed from the list of secrets and sent to the Secret Bin. You can restore or permanently delete secrets as a viewer of the secret. The following guide will detail how you can perform those actions.
- You are working on a copy of the Security and Encryption for Coda – Secret template. (Use the steps at Quick start to create a copy of this template.)
- You have editing access to the document.
- You are a Secret Editor. (Here's how to Add or Update Roles.)
- On the left sidebar, select Secret Bin.
- In the Deleted Secrets table, look for the secret you want to delete or restore. Under the Action column, click View More.
- To restore the secret, click Restore. This will move the secret back to the Secret Table on the Secret Page.
- To permanently delete the secret, click Delete Forever. It will now be permanently deleted.
A secret is kept in the Secret Bin indefinitely until it is permanently deleted.