Now that Jira Service Management Server (JSM) is connected to Venafi, you can configure request forms (ticket pages) for your users to access Venafi. On this page, we'll cover the creation of request forms for creating, renewing and revoking Venafi certificates.
- Connector for Venafi & Jira Service Management must already be installed, and JSM must be connected to a Venafi account.
- You must be an admin of the Jira Service Management instance.
- On your JSM project page, click on Project settings. In the Project settings page, click on Request types. In this example, we'll create new request types in the General group.
- Pick an appropriate icon for the request type, and for Request name, type in "Create Venafi Certificate". For Issuer type, choose Service request. You can optionally enter a Description. Click Create request type to continue.
- The "Create Venafi Certificate" request form is created. Repeat Step 2 for the "Renew Venafi Certificate" and "Revoke Venafi Certificate" request forms.
- The three Venafi-related request forms have been created.
- In the Project settings page, scroll down and click on Venafi integration in the left sidebar.
- In the Venafi integration window, click on Edit in the Request forms section.
- The Request form popup appears. For Request certificate, click on the dropdown and pick the request form you created earlier; for this example, it is "Create Venafi Certificate". For Renew certificate, click on the dropdown and pick the correct request form; for this example, it is "Renew Venafi Certificate".
For Revoke certificate, click on the dropdown and pick the correct request form; for this example, it is "Revoke Venafi Certificate". Click on Save to continue.Revoke certificate is only supported if you are using the Venafi Trust Protection Platform. If you are using Venafi DevOpsACCELERATE, you can still create a request form for revoking certificates, but IT support or the admin must perform the revocation on Venafi's website.
Your request forms are now associated with Venafi operations. You can also add automation rules to automatically update request statuses for Venafi operations.