What's New in Reporting 6.0.0 and Scaffolding 8.0.0?
Reporting 6.0.0 and Scaffolding 8.0.0 brings a huge improvement in managing dependencies between ServiceRocket add-ons, Randombits libraries and its ecosystem.
This page is intended for Confluence administrators. Technical problem? Contact email@example.com.
Jan 16, 2017 Update
ServiceRocket has completed the final phase out of external RB plugins dependency. Please review ServiceRocket Add-on Dependencies.
Starting from Reporting 6.0.0 and Scaffolding 8.0.0, we are reducing the dependencies towards external Randombits libraries. This change, in fact, brings changes to all ServiceRocket add-ons that are utilizing Randombits.
Most functionalities provided by Randombits have been embedded inside each add-on, making it easier for administrators to manage.
For example, the following is a comparison of external dependencies of Reporting:
Before Reporting 6.0.0
After Reporting 6.0.0
Here is a comparison for Scaffolding:
Before Scaffolding 8.0.0
After Scaffolding 8.0.0
(Starting from version 8.1.4, these 3 libraries are required)
* Still needed to ensure backward compatibility with other non-ServiceRocket add-ons. We have plans to remove this altogether in the near future.
For a complete comparison, refer to ServiceRocket Add-on Dependencies.
What about other ServiceRocket add-ons?
Reporting 6.0.0 and Scaffolding 8.0.0 provides backward compatibility to all other ServiceRocket add-ons (except below). There is no need to upgrade to make them work with Reporting 6.0.0 and Scaffolding 8.0.0.
These add-ons are excepted and must be upgraded:
- Salesforce & Confluence Server Connector (upgrade to v4.0.0+)
The dependency matrix at ServiceRocket Add-on Dependencies provides the full details.
What about other third-party add-ons that use Randombits?
These third-party add-ons are known to use Randombits libraries and provide integration with Reporting. Please check with the add-on vendors to verify compatibility with Reporting 6.0.0 and Scaffolding 8.0.0.
- Comala Workflows - Reporting Integration by Comalatech
- Viewtracker Add-on by Bitvoodoo
- Google Apps Connector by M20 Technology (UPDATE: Version 1.1+ is compatible)
- Metadata Plugin by Andy Armstrong
How to upgrade?
To ensure a smooth upgrade process, you must follow these steps in order:
- (If you use Reporting) Upgrade Reporting to the latest version (6.0.0 or above).
- (If you use Scaffolding) Upgrade Scaffolding to the latest version (8.0.0 or above). Note that Scaffolding 8.0.0+ can only work with Reporting 6.0.0+.
- (Optional) Upgrade the rest of ServiceRocket add-ons.
Can I remove Randombits libraries now?
If you are using any of the known third-party add-ons (see What about other third-party add-ons that use Randombits? section), please confirm with the add-on vendors.
Otherwise, you may proceed to remove Randombits libraries from your instance. Here are the recommended steps:
- Upgrade to Reporting 6.0.0+ and Scaffolding 8.0.0+ (see the steps in How to upgrade? section above)
- Remove the (now unused) libraries by referring to the matrix in ServiceRocket Add-on Dependencies.
- You might need to re-index your instance.
I'm a developer, how to make my add-on compatible?
Please check out our Developer Guides.