Creating dynamic tables
Creates a table that supports dynamic addition or deletion of rows.
Any field type other than the Table itself can be used inside its cells.
Adding to a page
- To add a dynamic table to a page:
- From the editor toolbar, click on Insert more content > View more.
- In the Select macro popup, search for scaffolding, then click on Scaffolding Field Group.
- The Field Group settings window appears, with the available fields below it. In the expanded Add Fields section, scroll down until you can see Table field, and click-drag Table field to the right, into the empty field area. Then release the mouse button to place the table.
- After the table has been placed, you can add headers and click-drag the appropriate fields for the columns. In the example below, the Short Text, Date, and Numbers fields are being used.
After you are done with the field settings, click Insert to continue. You can continue to edit the page, or you can click Publish.
Adding Data to Dynamic Tables
- Once you have published the page, you can add to or update the dynamic tables by clicking on Edit Content.
- The dynamic table is shown on the page, with an additional Actions column on the right, and a button below. You can start entering data.
- If you have more than one data row, the Move up and Move down buttons will also appear in the Actions column. You can delete a row by clicking on the button.
- After you are done with editing, click on Save Changes, or click Cancel if you do not want to save them.
Differences between Cloud version and Server version
The dynamic tables for Scaffolding for Confluence Cloud are now grouped under the Scaffolding Field Group macro. In Scaffolding for Confluence Server and Scaffolding for Confluence Data Centre, dynamic tables are created by using the Table Data macro.