In this step, you will plan for complete migration from Connector for Salesforce & Jira Server to Cloud version
- You have reviewed Migrating from Jira Server to Jira Cloud Connector.
- Completed the following installation
- Jira Cloud Migration Assistant app is installed on your Jira server. This app requires Jira 7.6.0 or newer. If you are on Jira version 8.14, the migration assistant is installed by default in your server instance.
- Connector for Salesforce & Jira (Cloud) app is installed on your Jira Cloud site.
- The Connector for Salesforce & Jira (Server) app installed on your Jira Server instance is version 1.5.0 or higher.
Things to Note
Depending on the size of the data and the complexity of the existing configuration, it may take up to a few hours to complete these steps. We advise you to schedule a maintenance window in your organization to perform the migration.
Jira Cloud Migration Assistant (JCMA) will handle the migration window as follows:
On Server, JCMA will handle the export. There is no instance downtime.
Best practices: Plan your migration per project basis for test purposes then slowly increase the numbers of projects migrated depending on comfort level.
On Cloud, JCMA will complete the data migration as a background task
JCMA will initiate the migration from the Server side.
The migration will automatically refer to the latest version of existing data for any particular project.
- Once the migration of data to Cloud is completed, you can initiate the next Cloud-related steps for Connector for Salesforce & Jira.
- To estimate the time you will need to go through the migration steps; we recommend reviewing all of the steps before executing.
- Your existing app data will not be overwritten. However we suggest erasing your test data before migrating your production data.