Setting up a connection to Jira
This guide will help you configure the Salesforce Package. If you haven't done so, install the Salesforce Package on your Salesforce before proceeding with the following steps.
Connector for Salesforce & Jira must have also been installed and configured on your Jira instance.
- In Salesforce, click > Setup.
If you are using Salesforce Classic, click Setup located on the upper right pane.
- Search for "Package" and go to Installed Packages.
- Look for "Jira for Salesforce" and click Configure.
You will be asked to generate an API Access Token:
- Let's switch over to your Jira instance for a moment so that we can generate a Jira access token.
- Now navigate to Jira > Salesforce > Connections.
Choose your Connection, then click on > API Access Token.
If you do not see the above configuration screen, it may be because you are using the Classic Connector for Salesforce & Jira. For Classic Connector documentation, click here.
- A pop-up window will appear with your API Access Token.
Copy the API Access Token and paste it in the Salesforce screen from Step 3 and click Save.If you see an "Unauthorized Endpoint" error message at this point, refer to this knowledge base article to resolve the issue.
- The Salesforce Package should now have a connection to your Jira Cloud:
- Configuring Lightning Experience components; OR
- If you are using Salesforce Classic, see: Configuring Visualforce components