In the Mappings configuration page, there are multiple settings you can configure to your liking.
The following options are available for you to set:
Automatically push new comments to Remote System
When configuring Mappings with certain objects (currently we support Cases and Ideas), the Automatically push new comments option becomes available.
This setting is used to instruct the add-on to automatically send new comments from Jira to Salesforce or not:
- Enabled: all new comments on the Jira issue are created as a new comment in Salesforce in the related Case/Idea.
- Disabled: new comments will not be created in Salesforce.
You can toggle this option by:
- Accessing the Field Mapping Interface
- Click Settings.
- Click on the button next to the Automatically push new comments to Remote System setting to enable or disable.
When disabled, you can still choose to send comments individually to the related Salesforce Case or Idea.
For more information, see: Pushing a comment from Jira to Salesforce
Automatically pull new comments from Remote System
The Automatically pull new comments from Remote System is only available for Cases and Ideas Mapping.
This setting is used to instruct the add-on to copy a Salesforce Case/Idea comments to Jira Issue or not:
- Enabled - all comments on the Case/Idea will copy and sync to Jira Issue.
- Disabled - no comments will copy to Jira issue.
This setting applies when using create endpoint or synchronize endpoint from Salesforce for Case/Idea Objects or using Pull Changes in More > Manage Application Link from Jira Issue.
Pulling comments from Remote System
This setting allows you to control what comments are pulled from Salesforce to Jira:
- All - All comment will sync from Salesforce
- Private only - Only private comment will sync to Jira issues
- Public only - Only public comment will sync to Jira issues
Prior to version 5.3.6, all comments (whether public or private) were synchronized by default.
As a consequence, if you change the Pull comments from Remote System settings in this situation, all comments made prior to updating to version 5.3.6 will still be viewable.
Also, do take note that in situations where you have enabled the Public only option and synchronized your Jira instance with Salesforce, and then changed the setting to Private only, all public comments will still be viewable.
Allow updates on comments originated from Remote System
Which comments are affected by this setting?
When a Jira issue is created from Salesforce, all existing comments from Salesforce are copied into Jira and added with a label, for example:
This comment was made by John Doe on Wed Jun 29 16:15:06 PST 2016 from Salesforce
- Disabled - Any edits made to these comments within Jira will not be reflected in Salesforce upon the next synchronization.
- Enabled - Any edits made to these comments within Jira will be reflected in Salesforce upon the next synchronization.
Automatically push new comments for issues associated with multiple remote objects
The Connector will automatically trigger the update to include every new comment made in a Jira issue to a Salesforce Object.
This option is to control this scenario for Jira Issues that are associated with multiple records of Salesforce Objects:
- Enabled - all comments on the Case/Idea will push to Salesforce Case/Idea automatically.
- Disabled - no comments will be pushed to Salesforce.
The comment can also be pushed manually. Refer: Pushing a comment from Jira to Salesforce
Restricting comments to be pushed based on Roles and Groups (Allow push for only "All Users")
The Connector allows limiting of comment sharing depending on the Jira User Roles and Jira User Group.
The options available to restrict Jira comments:
- Enabled - Only the comments that are viewable by "All Users" will be pushed and synchronized with a remote system.
- Disabled - All comments will be available to share to Salesforce
Validating Jira Issue required fields
Creating Jira issues using the Connector has two methods of validation:
- Enabled - The connector will obey the required fields and default value settings. Unmapped or empty values of required fields will be populated after clicking the Create button.
- Disabled - New Jira Issues will be directly created without any Jira validation.
Optimizing Query to Remote System (Only query fields mapped, limited details sent to Jira)
You will need to restart the Jira instance after reenabling this feature.
The Connector is using Salesforce Object Query Language (SOQL) internally. It will generate a script to query the record of a Salesforce Object.
This option may impact performance of the instance. The following settings are available:
- Enabled - Only query the mapped fields and limited details sent to Jira. The Connector performance will be better but you won't be able to modify the field template.
- Disabled - Performance will be slow for Salesforce Objects with a lot of fields.
Synchronizing attachments from Remote System (This will turn off the "Remote Attachment Tab" when enabled.)
The Connector only supports attachment synchronization from Salesforce Cases to Jira Issues.
The configurable options are as follows:
- Enabled - This will remove the "Remote Attachment Tab" and the attachment will become a Jira attachment. It will also make a previously hidden setting, Synchronize files from Remote System, become visible.
- Disabled - This will render a list of attachments. Salesforce credentials are required to view/download the attachments.
Dispatch Issue Commented event upon new comment synchronization
If enabled, the "Issue Commented" event will be triggered whenever a new Salesforce Comment is created.
Dispatch Issue Comment Edited event upon edited comment synchronization
If enabled, the "Issue Commented Edited" event will be triggered whenever a new Salesforce Comment is edited.