Adding a Remote Issue Link
A Remote Issue Link is basically a link in your Jira Issue that goes to a Salesforce Object.
Follow these steps to add a Remote Issue Link in a Jira Issue.
- To begin you will need to get the Salesforce object ID of the object you wish to link.
You can do this by following the "Getting the Salesforce Object ID" instructions for adding synchronous links.
- Go to the Jira issue you wish to link
- Go to More > Link menu, or the + symbol next to the Issue Links section heading.
- The linking popup dialog should appear.
Click Connector Link.
- Choose the Salesforce connection from the Remote System drop-down menu.
- The Remote Object Type dropdown menu will display all the options defined by the administrator.
Select your preferred Salesforce Object.
- Paste in the object ID from step 1. Ensure the type of this object matches the option you chose in the previous step.
- Click Link to finish linking. The new Remote Issue Link will appear in the Issue Links list.