Configuring the Connector
This step-by-step guide aims to get you up and running with the Connector as fast as possible.
The Connector for Salesforce.com and Confluence depends on the Reporting for Confluence Server & Data Center add-on for its reporting needs. You will have to purchase a license for Reporting as well if you want to use this connector with its full capabilities.
- Go to Cog Icon > General configuration.
- In the sidebar, under Configuration, click Salesforce.com Configuration
On this screen, you'll need to enter your Login Details so that the Connector will know how to connect to your Salesforce.com account.
Fill in the following details:
Login - Your Salesforce.com user email
- Password - Your Salesforce.com password + security token (See the "Got Your Security Token" panel below)
- Confirm - Enter your Salesforce.com password + security token again as confirmation
- URL Prefix - The URL to your Salesforce.com server. The example above shows "
https://ap1.salesforce.com" but your instance may have a different URL prefix.
Salesforce.com URL - The URL of the Salesforce.com API server.
Click the Set to Default URL link next to this field to choose the default, or if that doesn't work, enter:
Normally, you would not need to change the default value. If you're using a Salesforce Sandbox Instance, please use the following URL instead:
Got Your Security Token?
You need to obtain a Security Token from your, Salesforce.com account and append this to your password.
To obtain the token, go to your Salesforce account > Setup > My Personal Information > Reset Security Token.
A token will be sent to the email you registered with.
- Click the Save button to save the configuration.
- If successful, the Success message will display.
- If unsuccessful, an error message will be shown. Check your configuration settings again for any errors.
- In the older version, if successful, you may see the Connection OK message instead.
- Congratulations, the Connector for Salesforce.com and Confluence add-on is now installed and configured.