Configuring Salesforce with the Installed Salesforce Package for Objects
This page will show you how to configure your Salesforce instance with the installed Salesforce Package. The connector currently supports associating Confluence pages with the following Salesforce Objects:
The following instructions cover creating a button for associating a Confluence page with a Salesforce Case. If you want to associate a page with a Salesforce Account, Contact, or Opportunity, the steps are very similar and you only need to repeat steps 6-11 below.
Ensure that you have already installed the Salesforce Package and set up a connection before continuing with this guide.
- Log in to your Salesforce instance and click Setup.
- In the search box on the left, type "remote site settings"
- Click Remote Site Settings.
- On the All Remote Sites screen, click the New Remote Site button.
- On the Edit Remote Sites screen, enter the following details:
Remote Site Name:
Remote Site URL:
- Now let's customize your Case Page Layout.
Under the sidebar, go to Build > Customize > Cases > Page Layout.
- Choose the Case Layout you want to edit in the list, then click Edit.
- Under the Case Layout panel, scroll through until you find Visualforce Pages.
- Now click and drag ConfAssociationCase onto a preferred section.
You can first drag a section and configure it. You may also want to adjust the properties so that you get a panel with a size you'll be more comfortable working in (a minimum height of 500px is recommended).
- Once you're done, click Save.
- You can now see the Confluence pages that are associated with the current Case.
- If you also want to customize a page layout for a Salesforce Account, Contact, or Opportunity, the steps are very similar and you only need to repeat steps 6-11.