Step 2 - Proceed with Cloud migration (Scaffolding)
The steps on this page guide you to perform Confluence migration using CCMA :
- You have reviewed everything on the previous page, Step 1 - Plan Out Your Migration
- You understand that there are Scaffolding structures that are not migratable yet, and you have prepared the Confluence site for this migration
Prework: Prepare your Confluence Server and Confluence Cloud for migration
- Get your maintenance scheduled for your Confluence Server
Have a Confluence Cloud instance readyTips on getting a Test Confluence Cloud site...
- If you haven’t already, now’s the time to sign up for a cloud site. You'll need to decide if you want to perform your test to a trial site or to your production site.
- If you decide to use a trial site you can:
- activate your free cloud migration trial
- set up a standard 7 day trial (this will revert to a Free plan after the trial)
- If you plan to test your migration to a new production site you can choose between a Free, Standard or Premium plan.
Install your Confluence Cloud with Scaffolding Cloud (Feel free to use the 30-day trial)
- Enable Migration logs to see the start, progress, and completion of migration and summary report
1. Prepare the Migration tool
If you skip this step, you will only migrate your Scaffolding Structure and Live Template macros, but not the Scaffolding data.
- Navigate to the Migration Assistant homepage and click on Assess Your Apps.
- In the Assess your apps window, mark Scaffolding as Needed in Cloud.
- Complete the assessment, and when prompted, agree with the app data migration policy.
2. Performing the migration
- When you're ready, go to Manage your Migration menu > Create new migration to start a new migration process
Follow the instructions in this process.
- Select at least one space to be migrated. Scaffolding app migration will happen for the selected spaces.
At the end of this process, you have the option to immediately start the migration or Save it for later. Either way, the new migration process will be saved to your dashboard. There, you can view the progress and details of all your migrations.
- Make sure that the app data migration is successful.
In the Migration dashboard click View Details to see the status of the migration. Wait until you see a COMPLETE status, with a message on the next action steps.
If the status is different or there is no message displayed, it means that migration has failed. Contact SeviceRocket support for assistance.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.