Step 2 - Exporting Data from the Classic Connector
Before performing an import to the new connector, an export of Classic Connector must be produced. This includes most configuration and data of the Classic Connector.
At the end of this step, you will have:
- Re-indexed JIRA before exporting, to make sure the Connector data is up-to-date.
- Produced a data export of the Classic Connector in the form of a zipped file.
- Downloaded the zipped file.
- You have reviewed Step 1 - Plan Out Your Migration.
- You are a JIRA administrator in JIRA Cloud.
- Log in to JIRA Cloud.
- From the Cog Icon, select System.
- In the Administration page, under Advanced section, click Indexing.
Follow the instructions to run Re-index and wait until it completes.
- Now, let's export the connector data.
From the Cog Icon, select Add-ons.
- In the Add-ons administration page, click Export from the Cloud Connectors section:
- On the Data migration page, ensure 'Salesforce.com' is selected.
A process will be initiated in the background to produce the export.
Click the refresh icon to fetch the latest status.
Note that it may take a few seconds (or up to a few minutes, depending on the size of your instance) to complete.
If the export takes more than 20 minutes, the exporter will stop the background process and display an error message. To help us troubleshoot:
- Raise a ticket with Atlassian Support to request for atlassian-jira.log, then
- Raise a ticket with ServiceRocket by sending the atlassian-jira.log to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If successful, you should see a table like below:
- Click Download.
Save the zip file for the the next step.