Migration of Connector for Salesforce & Confluence from server to cloud is currently not supported
Migrating Confluence Server pages containing Connector for Salesforce & Confluence macros will not work. The migrated macros would display as "unknown macro", but it should not affect any other content. Currently, ServiceRocket does not have any migration path for this app due to the differences in data storage and configuration between the two platforms. Nevertheless, we're tracking the interest and feasibility of providing a migration path for Connector for Salesforce & Confluence macros from Server to Cloud here. If this were to change and a migration path is available in the future, we will update the tracker page.
This page outlines the steps to manually transfer some of your configurations and app data from our Server product to Cloud.
At the end of this guide, you will have:
- Understand the feature differences between Connector for Salesforce & Confluence server and cloud.
- Have an idea of what data that you would like to bring to Cloud.
- Understand the options that you have to bring these data to Cloud.
- Configure your Salesforce Confluence Cloud connector.
Before you start, consider the following:
- Review the feature differences documentation
- Connector for Salesforce & Confluence Cloud provides a new experience of bringing Salesforce data into Confluence pages. We recommend you understand the feature differences.
- Review the rest of the administrator guides
- Connector for Salesforce & Confluence Cloud offers some new administration features and settings that were not available in the Server. We recommend you review the settings as per the Administrator's Guide.
- Review the user guides
- It might be helpful to send your users some resources to get familiar with the New Connector. Take a look at our User Guide.
Manual migration guide
Step 1: Obtain all app data from Server:
- Obtain the login details and connection details of the connector
Go to Confluence Admin > General Configuration > Salesforce > Connections > Salesforce.com Configuration. Take note of all the configurations here to replicate the connection setup later in Cloud.
- Obtain a list of pages that contains the macros. Go to Confluence Admin > General Configuration > Macro usage. Search for "Salesforce and Confluence Server Connector".
- This will show you a list of macros and a number of pages that contain that macro. Clicking on each link will provide you a list of pages that contains those macros.
- Take note of the Salesforce objects or information that is displayed on the macros.
Step 2: Replicate the data in Cloud:
- Install Connector for Salesforce & Confluence Cloud.
- Add a new configuration according to the previously obtained data.
- Add permission settings according to the previously obtained data
- Insert Salesforce objects or information according to the previously obtained data using the workflow for Connector for Salesforce & Confluence Cloud.
To go back to the migration hub, click here.