Migrating from Composition Server to Composition Cloud
On this page:
This page outlines the steps to migrate your Composition Tabs data from Confluence Server or Data Center to Confluence Cloud.
Before you start, consider the following:
- Understand the macro differences and feature differences between Composition Tabs for Confluence Server and Confluence Cloud.
- Allocate time for a test migration to understand the steps required to successfully migrate data.
- This guide assumes you will successfully migrate your Confluence Server data into Confluence Cloud, per Atlassian's server-to-cloud migration guide. Read through Atlassian's guide because it contains other important information about migration and possible issues you may encounter.
At the end of this guide, you will have:
- Upgraded Composition tabs to version 5.14.
- Performed the pre-migration steps for your tabbed content.
- Perform the migration using the Confluence Cloud Migration Tool or through Space Exports.
- Confirmed that migration was successful and tabbed content is appearing on Confluence Cloud.
These may take a few hours to complete depending on the size of your Confluence data. Here are general overviews of the main steps. You can get detailed instructions by clicking on each step or using the left navigation bar.
Step 1 - Plan out your migration
- Execute steps to ensure that you are on the correct version of Composition Tabs
- Choose one of two options to find incompatible macros that need action
- Run ServiceRocket's pre-migration tool on Server
Step 2 - Proceed with Cloud migration (Composition)
- Understand the behavior difference between Deck and Cards Macro in server vs. cloud, as well as a review of incompatible macros
- Have your Confluence Cloud instance ready.
- Proceed with migration using the Confluence Cloud Migration Assistant (CCMA).
Step 3 - Post-migration Steps
- Confirm migrated data is available by checking some migrated pages.
- Optionally switch to New editor and Tabs macro.
- Click on Step 1
To go back to the migration hub, click here.