- To schedule a meeting, the teachers go to their Google Calendar and schedule their meetings by using the Attendance Taker add-on. The teacher can choose to use Google Meet for the meeting, or paste any meeting URL into the add-on, be it Zoom, Skype, or others. The add-on will generate a unique URL for this tracked meeting.
- Next, students join the class by clicking on the unique URL in the invite. They will land on the Attendance Taker landing page.
- The landing page will detect the Google Classroom account and will record the student's attendance automatically. The landing page will also validate the Google account with the student list from Google Classroom. If the student is using an unrecognized account, the page will request the student to log in with their associated Google Classroom account.
- Student's attendance will be taken and redirected to the meeting. Every unique meeting URL comes with an expiry timestamp. No attendance will be taken if the class has ended.
- Finally, admins can use the add-on to generate the attendance report. The report will be generated into a Google Sheets format and stored in the user's Google Drive.